2. rain


Rain. I fricking love it. Ever since I could remember, I've always preferred a dark, rainy day to a bright, sunny day. It's my favourite part of summer. In fact, it's the only part of summer that I truly love with all my heart. There's nothing better to me than the sweet interruption of heaven's tears falling upon the earth. It's like everything just slows to a beautiful pace and everyone seems a little less scowly (it's a word, trust me). And I, a nonconfrontational person, dislikes scowly people.


As a young child, I would see rain, hear it, smell it, and feel overjoyed. It just made everything so much better. And now, as an older human with slightly more to contribute to society, rainfall does more than make me happy, it gives me comfort, a sense of peace and relief. It embraces me.  And though it is rare to catch me running through the rain (mainly because I am a great lover of indoors) I still cherish it.

And now, as I write this post with the gentle pitter-patter surrounding my home, I can smile because I truly was blessed today to be able to experience this amazing part of nature.  

So, I guess to summarize this mess of a blog post, I just really love the rain, for everything that it is, and all that it brings and I thought I would share that with you all.





So, what about you? Are you a rainy or sunny day person?

Comments