Watching, Reading, Listening

I absolutely love reading theses types of posts so I thought I'd give it a try. My "Watching, Reading, Listening" list actually isn't as big as it normally is this month so I should get through this pretty quickly.


Watching
One Tree Hill 4/5
One tree hill. I know this show is a little old and finished a while go, but I started watching it recently and it is pretty good. I never would have thought that I would bee so addicted to a teenage, high-school romance and sports drama.
It's crazy, I absolutely detest basketball, but watching those slo-mos of the ball going through the hoop gets me pretty hype. I'm only on season 6 so if I see any spoilers, I'm going to cry and that not a pretty sight. It's not for everybody considering it's almost like the teenage-friendly version of Dawson's Creek, but if your into these kinds of shows, I would recommend you try it out. I would have given it a 5/5, but I had to knock off a point because it's just incredibly cheesy. Like, the cheesy where you have to cover your face from major second-hand embarrassment. It probably has a lot to do with the fact that it's a little old, but if you think you can take it, go for it!

P.s. If any of you know where I can find a Lucas Eugene Scott, please message me. 

Me Before You 4/5
Ugh, this list is already making me look like a sappy, teenage girl, but I can't help liking what I like okay. Don't judge. I know that this is not a a new movie, but I wanted to add it anyway because I just re-watched it for the third time. I do not like movies, like at all, but for some reason, I decided to watch this one and I really enjoyed it. 
I was pretty skeptical about the two main characters and how they would create the "chemistry", but it was an incredibly natural progression. 
It's not 5 stars simply because I am incredibly hard to please and it didn't compel enough to give it a perfect score. 

The Good Doctor 3/5
I started watching this show the first week back to school after Christmas break. I don't know why I thought it was going to be a good idea considering that I am well aware of my obsession with medical dramas. I was so excited for it considering that it is from the same man that created House M.D, but The Good Doctor comes a little short when I compare the two. Don't get me wrong, I'm going to finish the season, I just don't know if I will finish the series.
It has an overwhelming positive and motivational aura about it that I'm not too fond of. I understand that it's supposed to be inspirational, but it's not really my cup of tea.


Reading
Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury 3/5
I have a formal book review on the blog already, so I will link it here, so that you can get the entirety of my views on this book.
I'm glad  read it, but I would not read it again. It was honestly, a bit of a drag with minimal action. I understand that that is not the main purpose of the novel, but still. It took me almost an entire month to finish it. For me, a good book is one that I can't put down and can finish within a week or two.
Because it is such a classic, however, I would recommend the book simply because it is so acclaimed. I don't know, I have a bit of a bias towards classic books so I am a bit more lenient with them.
If it was not a classic, dystopian legend, the score would possibly be lower and I would not have recommended it. 

Bessie's Fortune by Mary Jane Holmes 2/5
Bessie's Fortune is one of those free books that you can download on your Kindle. I discovered the author, Mary Jane Homes, a few years ago, and she has become one of my absolute favourites which is why I am so disappointed with this one. It was long, drawn out, and the climax of it was kind of dull. I took forever to finish reading this one also. I can't remember the specific time, but it was well over four weeks.
I would not recommend this. Save your space for other brilliant Mary Jane Holmes books. Hopefully, I will mention more in the future. 

Listening
The Thrill of it All by Sam Smith 3/5
I am a huge fan of Sam Smith. I absolutely love his voice. I've been playing this album a lot recently even though it is not new. My favourite song is Pray. It's absolutely amazing. Have any of you heard the Pray collaboration with Logic though? I didn't know how much I needed it until it was here. Have a listen.

Comments

  1. Emma Stuart23.5.18

    What?? This is the first mediocre review that I've heard about The Good Doctor. Personally, I think it's fantastic. love these types of posts. Hope to see more!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment